- Over 2 million people are injured in rear end collisions in the United States each year.
- An entire whiplash injury occurs in about 1/10th of a second, but our head can experience forces greater than that of jet fighter pilots.
- Auto accidents can cause many problems to an injured person physically and emotionally.
Reason to get an evaluation and treatment as soon as possible.
- Even minor auto accident can cause chronic pain and suffering due to soft tissue injuries like joints, muscles and ligaments, and it can result in the formation of scar tissue and adhesions to the injured tissues.
- This scar tissue will start to form in the injured area within 24 hours of the injury regardless of your level of pain. The scar tissue is weaker and less flexible and may result in permanent pain as residual.
- You may feel symptoms immediately after an accident, a few weeks later, or even a few months later; however, it is always better to get an evaluation and treatment as soon as possible because:
- A delay in treatment may prevent you from getting a complete recovery.
- Your symptoms would be changed or altered daily.
- If you wait too long without any record for your symptoms, it may be difficult to convince the insurance company for your various symptoms and complications of injuries.
Common Complaints from auto accident Injury
- Neck pain is the most common symptom as a result of an auto accident; however, it can even lead to disc related problems that can lead to symptoms that include pain into the arms or legs, numbness, and tingling to the fingers or toes.
- The percentage of patient complaints from the auto accident injury is as follows:
- Neck pain and/or stiffness 92%
- Headache 57%
- Fatigue 56%
- Shoulder pain 49%
- Anxiety 44%
- Pain between the shoulder blades 42%
- Low back pain 39%
- Sleep disturbance 39%
- Difficulty concentrating 26%
- Dizziness 15%
- Forgetfulness 15%
- Ringing in the ears 4%
Should I go to ER first?
- For life threatening injuries or severe symptoms, you should call 911 and immediately be transferred to ER.
- Urgent care can be a second choice if you can manage your symptom by yourself and you don’t have life threatening injury; however, if your injuries are minor or don’t want to wait several hours at ER, Chiropractic clinics are the best choice because we perform services including x-rays, physical examination, and various treatment.
- Even if you have been in ER, you still need to see a chiropractor. ER doctors are mostly looking for life-threatening injuries such a broken bone or punctured lungs. As long as there is no immediate life-threat, they will send you out with only pain medication or prescription; however, you still need to get an evaluation and treatment for your soft tissue injury.
Soft tissue injury does not show up on the plain x-ray
- Many patients say to us that they would be okay because E.R. doctor told that they would be okay and there is no finding or damage visible on x-ray; however, their soft tissues (muscles and ligaments) were injured, and it can result in the formation of scar tissue and adhesions to the injured tissues. This scar tissue will start to form in the injured area within 24 hours of the injury regardless of your level of pain. The scar tissue is weaker and less flexible and may result in permanent pain as residual. Please be careful and remember. Soft tissue injury does not show up on the plain x-ray.
Only scratches or minor damage on the vehicle
- Don’t think that your spine hasn’t been injured even though your car does not have any visible damage.
- Most modern automobiles are designed with bumpers with ‘spring back’ feature that can recover to almost normal appearance right after impact.
- There are many researches that show the severity of impact in even a low speed collision including the studies done by Charles Carroll, M.D. Paul McAfee, M.D. and Lee Riley, M.D. revealed that; “The amount of damage to the automobile bears little relation to the force applied to the cervical spine [neck] of the occupants.” In other words, the damage to the occupants is not necessarily directly related to the damage to the vehicle.
Our clinic will help you get an expert attorney,
fill out documents, or repair a damaged car if you need.
You just need to concentrate on receiving our treat
with sincerity in our comfortable and clean clinic.